GIVE YOUR WEEK AN INSPIRATIONAL KICK-START WITH OUR MONDAY NIGHT SEMINAR
LEARN HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL MAGAZINE EDITOR WITH NZGIRL’s JENENE CROSSAN
Founder of the ever-popular nzgirl, Jenene Crossan (Freer) knows a thing or two about success. Launched eleven years ago, nzgirl is an online magazine showcasing New Zealand girls and their favourite things. It’s the platform for NZ girls to inspire and be inspired. We asked Jenene to share with us some of her own favourite things ahead of her Seminar Tonight!
Q. Your favourite item in your wardrobe?
Oh, tough one! I love my Diane von Furstenberg gown that I got in Hong Kong last year – it’s simply to-die-for. But doesn’t have too many excuses to be pulled out.
Q. What fashion item are you currently coveting?
Kathryn Wilson Neville Heel in black – ooooh, they will be mine. I love Kathryn’s shoes – simply gorgeous.
Q. Your favourite New Zealand Designers?
I’m a huge TK fan. I love that when I try Turet’s clothes on I feel instantly sexy. Too many designers have waifs in mind when they design clothes. I’m a pretty typical kiwi girl – I have boobs, shoulders and height and TK’s clothes don’t make me feel bad about that.
Q. Your favourite part of your job?
I do believe I have the best job in the world. I call my own shots, I decide the future for us – but I get to do it with an amazing team and in an incredible industry. Fashion meets digital is about the best you can get.
Q. Your five Favourite things to see and do at Fashion Festival?
1. Well obviously I’m most excited about my seminar “5 simple steps to become a magazine editor” – can’t wait to meet all the people who have tweeted about it!
2. I’m looking forward to being photographed wearing my Favourite Things at the nzgirl stand and going in the draw to win an LG 42″ Smart TV
3. From there I’m off to get my nails done with Orly
4. Sifting my way through the Garage Sale to find some amazing bargains
5. Once I’ve done that, I’m going to sit down and enjoying an Old Mout Cider in their Cider Lounge